Our numbers 1, 2, 3, 4 ... are called Arabic, and numbers written with letters are called Roman numbers.
- Roman numerals are written using the letters:
- I =1
- V =5
- X =10
- L =50
- C =100
- D =500
- M =1 000
- Roman numerals consist of the letters from the highest to the lowest. At most 3 same Roman numerals (XXX = 30, III = 3) are combined.
- The smaller Roman numeral before the larger indicates the subtraction (IV = 4, 5 - 1 = 4, V - I = IV). Only one Roman numeral is subtracted in this way.
- Subtraction according to the above rule applies to Roman numerals I, X, C.
- The numeral I is used for subtraction only before V and X.
Convert that number to a Roman number.
373 = CCCLXXIII